Tuesday, February 12, 2013

14 Days of Love

Yikes, time flies! I don't know how people manage blogs and full time jobs. And those mommy bloggers, how do they manage a houseful of kiddos and trying to make insightful, fun, and helpful blog posts?! So, time obviously slipped by but at least this time I have an excellent excuse. I'm totally coming down to with the sickies; months of allergies have finally taken their toll and I'm shacked up in bed with a major sore throat and hacking cough. But the blog must go on so here are Days 6 through 12 for my two week celebration of love :)

Day 6: Sweets Made Easy
I really love Bakerella and I REALLY love when she posts easy to make sweets. I've saved a few of the more advanced creations for further down. Here  are a few of my favorite easy sweets from Bakerella:


Red Velvet Whoopie Pies: Love treats that are easy to eat and get festive with the red and white.


Cheesecake Pops: Easy and versatile, a recipe that can be adapted for any holiday.

Day 7: Not So Easy Sweets



Vintage Valentine Cookies: Not necessarily tricky for the recipe but I've always had major issues with printers. If you have access to a great one this is a must try recipe. So cute and a definite show stopper.


14 Layer Chocolate Cake: Absolutely messy and gorgeous, I bet this cake tastes divine. The time and care to create all 14 layers is definitely a labor of love.

Day 8: Dang Near Impossible Sweets

Rose Cupcakes: These cupcakes are almost too gorgeous to eat. I can barely draw a circle let alone craft fondant roses.


Box of Chocolates Cake: This is definitely in my top 5 of Bakerella creations. The little details on all of the individual cake pop chocolates are so adorable.

Day 9: DIY Gifts

BrightNext has some great gift ideas (see below for great decoration ideas too!!)


Day 10: DIY Decorations


BrightNest has some amazing decoration ideas.

Day 11: Fancy Dinner
A great valentine's dinner doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg, Just pick a meal you both love, grab some of those lovely desserts from above and enjoy each others company by candlelight. Throw in some extra love by doing the dishes afterwards ;)

Day 12: Romantic Picnic
Same principle as a fancy dinner just outside. Go to a spot that's special to you as a couple (first kiss, first date, etc) and enjoy the scenery. A day spent soaking up the sun cuddled up next to someone you love is a beautiful thing.

1 comment:

  1. I barely read the content of this post... I just saw that pic of the Red Velvet Whoopie Pies and was mesmerized. Those were my favorites!!!!

    ReplyDelete