Sunday, February 3, 2013

14 Days of Love

So I had an amazing plan to do all these blog posts about easy DIY gifts for Valentine's Day. I was going to do one post each day before Valentine's; I had even made a lovely Word Document with links and helpful hints. Of course my computer chose that time to die out on me and now it's February 3rd and I've done nada but oh well! I figure I can do my best to try to post some amazing, helpful, lovely ideas for love day.

I swear we our on the tail end of a money hemorrhaging season. The holiday's drain you, there's tons of money spent on Thanksgiving food, Christmas presents, New Years booze and sparkly dresses (or maybe that's just me). THEN the end of January just happens to be my anniversary and then 2 weeks later I'm supposed to get all romantic and gift-y again for Valentine's day. That's a lot of stuff to deal with. I already told my boyfriend that I can't deal with all that so we went on a trip right in the middle of our anniversary and Valentine's day and on the actual day of love I'm just going to order a pizza or something. It's just too much pressure to try to be romantic all of the time.

However, there are so pretty easy ways to show the one you love that you really do care during this time of year and most of them you can do with out breaking the bank. Since it's already the 3rd day of February here are 3 easy/cheap/fun ideas to try to up the romance this love day.

Day One: Breakfast in Bed
This one is incredibly easy. There's nothing more lovely then waking up and realizing your partner has risen early to create a wonderful meal for you. I love breakfast but it usually takes my stomach a bit to wake up but whenever I wake up and my boyfriend has gone out of his way to make coffee for me (a drink I love and he is not very interested in) it warms my heart. Valentine's day (to me) is all about sweet gestures to show someone that you care.

Here are some great breakfast ideas:

Day One: Breakfast in Bed
Photo Courtesy of SweetCDesignes


Cocoa Kissed Red Velvet Pancakes


Day Two: Handmade Cards and Poetry
Jade Louis Designs

A handmade card is so much more thoughtful than a store bought one. I'm in no way artistic but I like the idea of taking time to create something for some one I love.

Day Three: Scavenger Hunt:
I've never done one of these but I've seen them on movies/TV and they look pretty adorable. Thinking of significant places you share with your mate and taking the time to lay out clue is just really sweet and thoughtful. I think it's pretty obvious that I value thoughtfulness over material objects. I'd rather have a really sweet gesture from someone who really gets me than a generic store bought gift.



No comments:

Post a Comment