Tuesday, February 5, 2013

14 Days of Love: Days 4 and 5

I'm doing a series on easy, fun, cheap ways to celebrate Valentine's Day. Click here to read about days 1 through 3. Today I'm covering days 4 and 5.

Day Four: Do something you hate
Now, take this with a grain of salt, I'm not recommending doing anything that makes you scared, uncomfortable or uneasy but an easy way to show someone that you care is to do something solely because it makes them happy. I enjoy a clean house, today is my day off and I've already put away laundry, done multiple loads of dishes, swept, vacuumed (you get my drift). My boyfriend is not a cleaner. Frankly, he's pretty sloppy. I will admit that there are times that it drives me crazy, there's nothing worse than feeling like your mate's personal maid. So, on the days that I come home and see that he's done the dishes, put away his clothes or done ANYTHING to clean up it makes my little black heart swell with love. My guy enjoys documentaries and art films while I enjoy action packed blockbusters so we make sure to go to both. Go on a hike, go to a museum just do something to celebrate your partners interests and likes.

Day Five: Make a mix tape (or a mix cd or play list for you hipsters)
I will never stop loving mix tapes. I know that technology is old and dated and frankly impractical but it is seriously the most romantic thing a fella can do (at least for me). Now I'm not saying that a mix cd has no love but it doesn't even take close to the amount of time and effort a good mix tape requires. Don't even get me started on an iPod playlist. That's just a few clicks you lazy bastards. Maybe I'm biased because the first guy I ever loved used to make me the most amazing mix tapes filled with artists I still love. I still have these tapes 10 years later (my love for them lasted a lot longer than my love for that guy).  A Valentine's mix tape has to have a love theme or share some romantic significance for you and your partner. Here are a few of my favorite love songs (please don't judge my love for pop-punk):

Click Links for the youtube videos!

The Avett Brothers: Live and Die

Alkaline Trio: Clavicle

The Ataris: I Wont's Spend Another Night Alone
***you thought I was kidding about really enjoying music that was only vaguely good 10 years ago, jokes on you****

Blink 182: I'm Lost Without You

The Beach Boys: God Only Knows

The Honorary Title: Cut Short

A New Found Glory: Connected

A New Found Glory: Too Good To Be

The Lumineers: Stubborn Love

The Cure: Love Song

Court Yard Hounds: See You in the Spring

Plain White Ts: 1 2 3 4

Sam Cooke: Wonderful World (I think this is one of my favorite love songs ever, so classic)

Keane: Somewhere Only We Know

Yeah Yeah Yeahs: Maps


Also, I thought I had a ton of love songs for this list but after going through all my records, the internet, my ipod, etc I realize I just have a fairly long list of songs about how incredibly sad you can be after breakups. Seriously. I had to google love songs because apparently my music taste is 50% upbeat music to run to and 50% songs to listen to when you're on the edge of suicide after failed love. I should probably look into that because it doesn't seem healthy.





No comments:

Post a Comment