Friday, January 4, 2013

Day 4

It's Day 4 of my no sugar challenge and it's going surprisingly well. Last night was Girls Night and there were cookies and other sweets around but I managed to avoid the temptation. I'm still feeling slightly sluggish and off but I know it'll get easier in the next couple of days. I'm excited to see what changes might come in the next few weeks as my body adapts to life with out desserts.

I've also decided to make a change (already!) to my new years resolutions. After some research I've found that it's better to make more than one monthly payment instead of making a large chunk payment.

This is the plan:
Make my usual $745 payment on the first of every month
Make ANOTHER payment of $745 on the 15th of each month.
Put the remainder of the $1000 I had planned on saving (around $255) into saving for a future down payment on a house.

This way, instead of most of my money going towards interest I'm really working at slicing it every two weeks AND I can save for a house. My hope is that I'll have enough paid down and enough saved up that when I turn 30 I can start looking at buying a house. I've already pulled up mortgage calculates and a house valued around $160,000 with a 30 year repayment plan at 7% has a monthly payment of around $1100 a month which is something I could totally swing in 3 years.

I finally feel like I have a chance to pay off my loans and still save for a house of my very own.

No comments:

Post a Comment