Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Bump in the road

It's really early so I'm not even bothering to find good pics. Sorry.

I had a bunch of amazing posts planned out (I'm an insane planner) but the universe had other plans. My computer is once again on the outs. Remember last year-ish when I had to have a ton of repairs done? Same thing. Basically the DC jack (the thing you plug the cord into to charge) is very loose and is unable to charge. The battery works just fine (to my knowledge) but I'll most likely have to take my computer in to have the part replaced.

DC jack. So small, yet so vital. 

I had been hoping that it was similar to what was happening last time, that the jack itself was just loose and needed a little glue or something to set it straight. I went through the trouble of watching multiple videos on DIY fixes only to open my laptop up (such a pain in the ass) and see that the jack is still very secure but the inner prong is, how do you say, loosey goosey.

I've been borrowing my boyfriends computer but it's just not the same. I have all of my files and my pre-sets and the things I like on my laptop. It's obviously a very first world problem but anyone on a tight budget knows how much of an issue any little unexpected expense can be. Hopefully I can take it to a local shop who can do the repair on the cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment