Monday, December 31, 2012

2013 Resolutions


I love resolutions. I get so excited for a fresh start and motivation for new and exciting changes. I have so many goals for next year and I can't wait to get started on them.

Health Goals
1. Run Capital 10K in one hour or less: I've only ran the Cap10k once but I really, really, REALLY want to do it in under 1 hour. It's entirely possible for me to run a 10 minute but I tend to go slow and steady when I run long distances. 
2. Complete a fun run 5k or 10 (foam run, mud run, gorilla run, jail break,zombie run, etc): There are so many fun runs and I've always wanted to do one but I've just never made it a priority. I've wanted to do the warrior run for years and each time it passes I'm always so bummed out. This year I want to complete more fun runs and races for good causes. 
3. Weight train more: I've always been great at cardio but struggled with lifting. I don't want to bulk up but lifting weights is so important in sculpting a healthy body. I want to incorporate new moves and exercises into my normal daily routine.

January Health Goals
1. No desserts: I am so scared of this goal. I have the biggest sweet tooth ever and things get a bit crazy during the holidays. I seriously need to detox from sweets. The more sugar you eat the more you crave it. I need a clean start. I definitely don't want sweets out of my life forever but I want to really push myself this first month to not really so heavily on sugar.
2. 50 squats a day: I just want a really amazing butt. Ain't no thang.

Life Goals
1. Save at least $1000 a month for student loans and make a $10,000 chunk payment: I already $2500 saved and I'm hoping that in 6 months I can make a payment and then start saving again for another payment. If I can work hard and make huge payments the next couple of years than by the time I'm 30 I can start saving for a house and maybe think about kids. 

Errand Goals: 
Okay, the next goals are mearly errand but they suck and makine them a resolution makes it more exciting to do. It's important to throw yourself some low balls so you can stay motivated for all the really hard goals.
1. Get a new drivers license with an update address
2. Go to the gyno and try to find a birth control I like
3. Go to the eye doctor/look into lasik
4. Sign up for the Capital 10k: I've technically already done this but it's still on the list because I LOVE crossing items off my to-do list/resolutions.

Craft Goals
1. Redecorate my bedroom: Already on my way to this. We picked up new bedding and curtains and I just need a few pieces of furniture to really complete our room.
2. Write a short story or book: I love writing and I really want to do it more. My writing used to be so good (I've been published and won awards) but lately it's a struggle for me to express myself clearly. I'm so excited to try new stories and see where my imagination can take me. 
3. Reupholster my ugly painted chair: Oh God it's so ugly and it's been this way for so long and my boyfriend just gives me that sad look whenever I say I'm going to fix it. I MUST do this.
4. Learn more hairstyles than the same bull shit I constantly wear: I suck at hair and makeup. I'm just not that  good at it and I want to be better and learn stylish and grownup hairstyles. 
5. Cook new recipes: I want to try new and more advance cooking techniques. I want to push myself to try new things and grow in the kitchen (but not in the waist line, haha).



No comments:

Post a Comment