Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Years Resolutions 2012


So it's a new year which means new changes, new me, etc. I usually try not to make resolutions because for the most part they are relatively impossible to keep. So this year I decided to switch up my usually resolutions. Instead of creating a list of vague hopes that are impossible to measure I've decided to make a simple check list. A list of black and white and absolutely no gray. A girl at my work made a resolution to think more positively. How do you measure that? How do you hold yourself accountable? I'm not down with that level of uncertainty so my list is easy; either I do these things this year or I don't. No gray area. No confusion. Just how I like it :)

Resolutions
1. Join a library/read more: My overall hopes/dreams for this year would be to finally gather the courage to cut my cable (don't judge my addiction) and entertain my self through Netflix, the movies at the library, and books. Cutting the cable would save me around $50 bucks a month and I might actually have free time to go out and live life instead of watching 19 hours of Law and Order on my days off. I remember as a child I used to LOVE reading but then reading became a chore for school and my passion faded. I want to rekindle my love for literature.

2. Lose weight: UGH, I hate this resolution. Honestly, I like my body (it looks pretty banging) but ever since I stopped being a vegan I've been "vacation eating". You know how when you're on vacation you eat like shit 24/7 but it's nothing to feel bad about because you're on vacation? It's similar to birthday eating. Well, I've started to drift to a scary, I could gain a million pounds and end up on the Biggest Loser place. I know some of the weight gain was due to not being able to run due to sickness. In one week I started running again, cutting the skin off of my chicken, and switching back to soy milk for my morning coffee and I lost 7 lbs. Being a non-vegan during holidays is ROUGH. Treats and eats everywhere. So I've just got to go back to normal eating and exercise.

3. Run more/run 10k in less than an hour: I love running but I've been making a lot of excuses to get out of it lately. I signed up for a running class to train for a 5k and my hopes is that I can do the Capital 10k in a few months. I did it a few years ago and I felt so proud of myself. I think my time was something lame like 1 hour 14 minutes so I want to cut that time by a few minutes. I know I'm completely capable of doing this I just have to hold myself accountable.

4. Pay off debt: I already have the money saved up for my second loan payment. My goal this year is to pay off my UT loan and then consolidate my loan again and hopefully get a lower payment.

5. Second job: So this goes along with Resolution #4. If I can get a steady 2nd job I would be that much closer to paying off my debt. I absolutely hate living with debt and the more I can pay off the happier I'll be. Unfortunately getting a second job has been harder than I originally imagined.

6. Date up: I honestly prefer the single lifestyle BUT if I do date someone this year I really, really want to date up. I hope that doesn't come off as conceded or asshole-y but I have to stop dating dudes who don't have their shit together. If I date I want to date a guy with a working car that is up to state code. Nothing sames lame like having to drive everywhere because your boyfriend has no vehicle. I want a nice guy who has his shit together as much, if not more, than I do.

7. Take myself on dates: Just because I'm broke doesn't mean I don't have to treat myself with kindness. I want to take myself to movies or dinners or just do nice things. Spending $20 bucks on myself once a month isn't really doing to make that much of a difference in my student loans.

8. Craft more: I really want to turn this blog into something cute, filled with great recipes and DIY crafts. Someplace with awesome tips on saving money and ways to still decorate and live life but on the cheap. I like what I've done so far and I really want to continue.

ALSO: I finally got off my lazy ass and posted more items to my Ebay store (or just relisted some of the items that I had taken off). Take a look HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment