Friday, December 30, 2011

Best of 2011

So it's the end of another year and I want to hop on the "Best of ____ 2011" bandwagon by making a post about what was awesome in 2011. Unfortunately I'm not as professional as other blogs so my Best of List is sort of hodge-podge slapped together.

Now that I've enticed you with that lack-luster opening, without further ado here is Pour Girls Best of 2011 List:

MUSIC

1. Aunt Martha
Without a doubt the best band I "discovered" in 2011. My ex made me a mix CD featuring "Emilie" and I was hooked. I can't even begin to count how many times I listed to this CD over and over again in my car. Do yourself a favor and go to the bands website HERE and listen. Personal favs include Neighbor Song (anyone who has ever missed an ex will understand), No Excuses, and Carolina.


2. Adele
In a world where Pop stars have to where meat dresses for attention all Adele needs is a dude on a piano and her amazing voice. If you didn't cry or feel immense loneliness/sadness the first time you heard Someone Like You you might not be a human.

TV SHOWS
3. Sons of Anarchy
I had heard about this show being okay and one night when I was bored I randomly decided to watch it simply because it was on Netflix instant. I was hooked from the get-go. Violent, funny, extremely well written and action packed. I want to say I finished all 3 seasons (just in time for season 4!) in 2 weeks. Also, I have made serious plans to marry Opie, without a doubt this dude is my dream man (well...without some of the ho plot lines...but physically...my God he is perfection).


4. Vampire Diaries
I'm so freakin' ashamed to admit it but I love this show. I'm 26 years old and I'm obsessed with a teen drama about VAMPIRES and WEREWOLVES. Ugh, such shame. Again, one sad and lonely night I was drinking and saw that the first two seasons were on instant and AGAIN I managed to catch up in like two weeks. It's just so campy and fun and honestly some of the plot twists are insane. I know I'm too old for it but it's my guilty pleasure.

ANIMAL THINGS ON THE INTERNET
5. The Maple Kind?
I should probably be ashamed about how many times I watched this video. But I'm not. Without a doubt the best animal related youtube video this year. I made everyone I know watch it. I could watch it over and over and over. It's simply perfection

6. Animals being Dicks
This is the best website for assholes like me who could watch animal related gifs everyday. Everyday a new .gif is posted of animals being dicks. So simple yet so genius. Dogs, cats, turtles, birds, jungle creatures...it doesn't matter, as long as they're doing something dick-ish it's featured.

MOVIES
7. Final Harry Potter
This movie was fucking amazing. I bawled my eyes out. Again, I'm a grown ass woman and during the course of this movie me and one of my best friends HELD each other. "Does it hurt to die?" FUCKKKKKKKK. Maybe I'm partial because I love the Harry Potter books but this movie was so good even non-fans enjoyed it.

PERSONAL LIFE
8. Graduating school/getting a real person job
So I graduated school again (I collect college degree like Pokemon) and I finally got what I call a Real Person Job. They give me health insurance. I have benefits. The best part? I really, really love my job. I love my co-workers, I've learned to love the hours, I love what I do. And even if in a few years time the love starts to fade I finally have something (besides internships) to put on my resume. My student loans may be fucking me nine ways from Sunday but I'm so thankful for the opportunity to have this job.

9. Growing up
I've done a lot of growing up this past year. I've changed in subtle, nice ways. I've learned to forgive whereas before I couldn't move on. I understand that mistakes happen. I know what it means to make grown up decisions. Don't get me wrong, I'm not completely there (and considering I kissed my ex last night I may have taken a few steps back) but I'm proud about (most) of the decisions I've been making. I'm looking forward to being in an adult relationship, one built on trust and mutual respect and love. I no longer secretly relish in dramatics or fighting. 2011 hasn't been the easiest year but in the end it's been really good and I'm looking forward to life in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment