Friday, December 2, 2011

Getting older is hard

Lots has changed and lots has stayed the same. I'll try to wrap up the last few weeks of my life concisely but I'm usually long winded and rambling so just deal.

Things to cover:
1. Thanksgiving
2. Boyfriend stuff
3. Birthday

Okay, Ready, Set, GO!

Thanksgiving:
It was lovely. Went home, I rarely get to see my family due to my schedule so hanging with them was awesome. It was the first Thanksgiving in 7 years that I ate meat so everything tasted extra delicious.



Everything tasted so delicious and my Mom sent me home with tons of left overs. I didn't have to buy food for a week. She also sent me home with around 9 giant bags of pasta. I think she worries that I don't eat.

Fudgy Pecan Pie a la mode.

I wish I could say that I was the genius that come up with a chocolate-pecan combo pie but alas that was (my hero) Bakerella. Woman is a genius with decadent desserts. Here is the recipe. Super easy and surprisingly cheap. Pecans can be a bit pricey but since half of the pie is taken up with brownie batter I only spent $4.00 on pecans.

Boyfriend and Birthday
I guess I can combine number 2 and 3. I broke up with my boyfriend on my birthday. Which sucked but sort of didn't. It's hard to describe. My ex is an amazing person who has honestly made me better in so many ways. But I was having a hard time dealing with some things that happened while we were still courting (is that term acceptable to use by someone under 60??). Of course he had to make it hard for me by buying me a bunch of sweet presents. He knew I wanted an ice cream maker but didn't have the money so he bought me a nice one. It has a candy crusher too :(
He also got me other sweet things: holiday themed flavored coffee creamer (my grocery store doesn't carry it), cute Halloween stickers, and a shot glass/measuring cup.

Breaking up with him sucked and I cried my eyes out but it had to be done. I couldn't keep picking the same fight. Being mad without any resolve was a terrible feeling and I care about him too much to constantly make him feel bad. He told me that he "closes the book" on exes which means he was never going to talk to me again. Apparently his resolve isn't that great because he texted me this morning. I had sent him an email last night with links to the shows we used to watch together so he wouldn't miss out. He texted me saying that he had the tub to my ice cream maker and wanted to make sure I got it. We're meeting for drinks tomorrow.

Other than that not much has changed. I did revamp my Ebay store because I was just having drama that I did not want to deal with. A few people weren't getting their packages and I don't have the time to deal with things like that. I'm trying to sell the rings whole sale and I haven't even listed the earrings again. Basically, my only desire in this whole world is to sit on my couch all day long and watch Netflix instant. Winter always brings me down and I have to make efforts not to be so slothful.

So if you're in the market for whole sale jewelry here's the link to my store.

No comments:

Post a Comment