Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Vase Upgrade

Ever since I agreed to stay in my apartment another year I've been trying to make it more "home-y". For the last seven years I've moved once a year and I've gotten to the point where most of the time I don't even hang my frames up because I don't see the point. Now that I can really settle in and make my place my own I'm trying to upgrade it on the cheap. Best way to upgrade on the cheap? PAINT! I spent around 20 bucks on spray paint and acrylics and so far I like the upgrades that I'm doing.


Vase before:

There was nothing wrong with this vase before but it just no longer felt age appropriate. My home has always been a hodge-podge of colors, patterns, and decorations and I wanted something more cohesive. I decided that I wanted the main colors to be blue and yellow with accents of white and black.


After:

All it took was a few coats of spray paints and now it has the grown up feel that I was looking for. Instead of going out and buying all new things (with money I don't have) I can upgrade what I already own.


Obligatory Instagram pic to make it appear that I have some sort of artistic ability.

Also, I should let it be known that I have no artistic ability. None. But if I can spray paint or paint something and it can come out okay ANYONE can.

No comments:

Post a Comment