Friday, May 31, 2013

Pay Day Check In

Today is pay day so I'm checking in with all of my finances and bills.

What I Have:
Checking Account: $1,313.28
Savings: $1,823.94
Wallet: nada

What I Owe:
Student Loan: $84,162.72
Credit Card: 248.55

Where my money is going:
I'm paying my typical 1st of the month loan payment of $745.60 and rent is $400, that leaves me with $167.68. I'm going to make a $100 payment on my credit card. I might pay off the rest of the card from money in my savings.

Why is my card so high? OKAY. So I know I'm on a vague-ish spending freeze. However, there are some things in life that I really, really, reallllllly want to do. Bucket list things (I plan on making a post about them later!). One of them is laser hair removal. I know that sounds lame since most people's bucket list items are like, climb a mount, see Spain, blah blah blah. Well good for you but I don't want to ever shave my armpits again. A bunch of people I work with have had it done and I felt the results and they are so freakin' amazing. I'm not sure what I was expecting but I was totally blown away by the quality of the work. Anyway, I had pretty much made up my mind that I wanted it done and then just yesterday I get an Amazon Local deal saying I could get 6 treatments on a small area for only $99. That is absurd. Most places charge any where from $600-$1000 for small areas. I checked online and the places reviews are good and I called and asked a bunch of questions. As I was talking to the lady I ended up just purchasing the package.

Yes, I should spend $99 towards bills or food or gas or whatever but I have ZERO regrets about doing something awesome for myself. Especially because of how much money I'm saving. I go in for my first appointment tomorrow. I've already decided that once this area is all done I'm going to do my legs (at least the lower half) sometime next year. Because I'm broke/cheap I'll wait until there's a great deal but when that deal comes up I won't feel any guilt about getting it :)


No comments:

Post a Comment