Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Blueberry Banana Oat Bran Muffins


My goal to try to get healthy is going really well. I've been eating really clean, exercising with more frequency and intensity, and allowing myself to indulge as long as it's in my calorie limit. I've already lost 6 pounds and I feel great. I use the MyNetDiary app on my iPhone to help track my calorie intake and exercise.

Fruit has been really cheap lately which has been amazing. I bought watermelon, mangos, bananas, and blueberries all within my grocery budget. I wanted to make a quick and healthy breakfast muffin for mornings when I want to eat and stay full but I don't have a lot of time. 

I found this Recipe and I really like it and the fact that the calories had already been figured out for me :)

Gibbs Banana Oat Bran Muffin
    Oat Bran, 2.25 cup 
    Baking Powder, 3 tsp 
    Maple Syrup or sugar, .25 cup 
    Milk, nonfat, 1.25 cup (* I used almond milk which has no fat and less calories)
    *Egg white, 2 serving (*I just used 1 whole egg)
    Banana, fresh, .75 cup, mashed 
    Almonds, .5 cup, chopped (No Almonds)
    (optional: handful of rasins or blueberries and .25 cup of shreded coconut)

*I made a few modifications with my recipe which I listed on the side

I found this nifty website that has a recipe calculator and my muffins came out to be about 70 calories a pop. They are super filling and great for digestion. Plus, they are super cheap, bananas are less than $0.50 a pound and oatmeal and oat bran are super cheap in bulk and can be used in tons of different ways.

  




No comments:

Post a Comment